Sexual Addiction / Cybersex Recovery
Sexual addiction is a pattern of obsessive sexual thoughts and compulsive sexual behavior that continues even after the person has experienced numerous consequences including significant suffering to themselves and others. The person cannot stop these sexual thoughts and behaviors by using will power, or by attending 12 step groups. Intervention and support are required.
Who is the program designed for?
The Sexual Addiction/Cybersex Recovery Program is uniquely designed to treat sexually addicted men and their partners/spouses.
– Achieve and maintain sexual sobriety
– Build and utilize a support system
– Reduce shame
– Create effective relapse prevention plan
– Begin to explore underlying childhood trauma and family of origin issues
– Identify personal addiction cycle
– Identify coexisting addictive and mental disorders and pursue treatment accordingly
– Begin to heal relationship and/or marital damage due to addiction
– Learn and apply relapse prevention tools
– The Gentle Path to Recovery Model
– Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
– Relapse Prevention Education and Tool Building
– Mental Imagery/Mindfulness
– Sexual Addiction assessments/evaluations
– Individual counseling services for women with Sexual Addiction
– Sexual Addiction Interventions
– Individual therapy for sex addicts and spouses/partners
– Primary treatment groups for men who are sexually addicted
– Couple and Family Therapy
– Ongoing individual support and periodic counseling groups for spouses and partners of sex addicts.
The program offers a flexible schedule with five separate evening groups with one in Burnsville, MN.
The Primary Treatment Groups are open-ended groups for men only held weekly for two and a half hours on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings in St. Paul. Thursday evenings in Burnsville. Group activities include:
– Psycho-educational labs focusing on successful recovery and long term sobriety for sex addicts.
– Discussion and feedback on personal progress, struggles and sexual “slips” or relapses.
– Ongoing homework assignments including a Relapse Prevention Plan, sexual history and autobiography.
– Individual, relationship and family therapy as needed.
Aftercare plans are developed to help each person maintain recovery and sobriety long term. Trauma Resolution groups are offered to heal core wounds and childhood trauma. Services for individuals, couples and families are provided on an ongoing basis.
Information, Appointments, Referrals
Janessa Beebe, MA, LPCC
Mark Gemmell, PsyD
Michael Kogan-White, MA, LP
651-645-0980 ext. 1
Julie Kogan-White, MA, LICSW
651-645-0980 ext. 5
Andre Peri, PhD
651 645-0980 ext. 7
Sharri Rogers, MA, LMFT
James Chadwick, MSW, LICSW